- Dimensions: 5" x 3.5" x 13"
- Battery operated
- Lightweight (2.7 lbs.)
- Fully field portable
- State-of-the-art power supply, illumination system and image
- Examination of obliterated/censored documents
- Viewing of aged, worn or charred documents
- Characterization and examination of inks and pigments
- Examination of works of art
- Studies of plant pathologies
- Examination of fossils and sediments
MICRON SERIES 940
Advanced technology now permits a fully portable infrared device for
the questioned document examiner. SIRCHIE®
engineers have developed a high
resolution, lightweight (2.7 lbs) multipurpose, state-of-the-art unit,
perfect for field or laboratory use.
The MIC940 consists of:
- 1 - Power module (consisting of battery holder, indicator lamp and
switch for illumination system)
- 1 - Viewer module and stand (consisting of eyepiece, objective lens,
barrier filter, infrared image converter tube and stand)
- 2 - AA alkaline batteries
- 1 - D alkaline battery
- 1 - Transit/Storage case with precut foam inserts.
- Barrier filter: Infrared pass
- Power source: 2 ea. AA-cell alkaline batteries
- Infrared converter tube: electrostatic focus
- Spectral response: similar to JEDEC S-1
- External illumination system: 6 ultra-bright infrared LEDs
- Peak wavelength: 940 nm.
- Battery life: 12 hours @ 70 degrees F estimated service life
(battery life is increased when batteries are not under continuous